One Medical is a membership-based primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy access to comprehensive care at more than 80 locations across ten cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care. We’ve reached some exciting milestones in recent months, but our work is far from over. As we continue to grow and broaden our impact, we’re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
As a Senior Health Data Analyst on One Medical’s Data Science team, you’ll work on curating insights and analytics focused on quality and value improvement, building out reporting dashboards for stakeholders, and developing algorithms to help automate key operational workflows. Reporting to the Manager, Data Science, you’ll have the opportunity to work with rich, interesting, accessible data in a modern data infrastructure -- and to see your work directly impact patients and providers. You will be a part of a collaborative and supportive data science team that fosters learning and growth!
You have a passion for healthcare and strive to be a healthcare data expert. You'll learn the business context of your projects well: their financial or strategic importance, how the key business processes work, and what important decisions are currently being made. Developing your own perspective on these decisions, incorporating business knowledge and technical judgment are key aspects to this role.
You'll build strong relationships with business stakeholders. Because of your work, skills and interactions, these stakeholders will trust you to deliver useful, rigorous, timely analyses along with explanations they can understand.
What you'll work on:
- Design and build internal reporting and analytics solutions using clinical data with a focus on meaningful and actionable insights
- Collaborate with our product and data engineering teams to curate population health data pipelines, ensure its stability, and build out new features
- Build population health management tools for business stakeholders to help provide high quality care to patients efficiently
- Enable business stakeholders to better understand the data relevant to their work, make data-informed decisions, and more rigorously measure the impact of their work
What you'll need:
- 3+ years previous experience manipulating and analyzing data
- 2+ years experience working with healthcare data (EHR/EMR healthcare information systems preferred)
- Coursework or experience in data analytics and statistics
- Comfortability with Python (pandas, NumPy, etc.) or R (Python preferred)
- Experience with Tableau or similar reporting tools
- The ability to learn quickly when facing new situations, taking ownership to find new solutions, and take on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- The ability to gain insight into customer needs; identifying opportunities that benefit the customer
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.